Production of Chlor-alkali
This BREF focuses on the processes involved in the production of chlorine and caustic solutions by the electrolysis of brine and covers:
• the unloading and storage of salt
• the purification and resaturation of brine
• the different electrolytic processes
• the position of process engineering of caustic solution concentration, purification, storage and loading
• the position of process engineering of chlorine cooling, drying, purification and liquefaction before storage and loading
• the process engineering of hydrogen cooling, purification and compression before storage and loading.
Due to the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, personal contact details of Technical Working Group members have been removed from this website.