Non-ferrous Metals Industries
This BREF covers the techniques for the production of both primary and secondary non-ferrous metals. The production of 42 non-ferrous metals and the production of ferro alloys are addressed. Ten groups of metals with similar production methods are dealt with in the document:
• Copper and its alloys, Tin and Beryllium
• Aluminium and its alloys
• Zinc, Lead, Cadmium, Antimony and Bismuto etc.
• Precious metals
• Refractory metals, e.g. Chromium, Wolfram, Vanadium, Tantalium, Niobium, Rhenium, Molybdenum
• Ferro alloys, e.g. IronChromium, IronSilicon, IronMn, SiliconManganese, IronTitanium, IronMolybdenum, IronVanadium, IronBoron
• Alkali and alkaline earth metals, Sodium, Potassium, Lithium, Strontium, Calcium, Magnesium and Titanium
• Nickel and Cobalt
• Carbon and graphite electrodes. The production of carbon and graphite anodes is included because of the production of anodes at some aluminium smelters as an integral part of the production process.
Due to the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, personal contact details of Technical Working Group members have been removed from this website.