Surface Treatment Using Organic Solvents
(including Wood and Wood Products Preservation with Chemicals)
This BREF addresses installations for the surface treatment of substances, objects or products using organic solvents, in particular for dressing, printing, coating, degreasing, waterproofing, sizing, painting, cleaning or impregnating. The activities addressed are:
• printing (by heatset web offset, flexography and packaging gravure, publication gravure)
• painting and other coating activities (winding wires, cars, trucks, buses, trains, agricultural and construction equipment, ships and yachts, aircraft, wood and mirrors, furniture, metal coil, metal packaging, and other metal and plastic goods)
• waterproofing (by painting and wood preservation)
• adhesive application (in the manufacture of abrasives and adhesive tapes)
• cleaning and degreasing in conjunction with other surface treatment activities
• impregnation for the preservation of wood.
Due to the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, personal contact details of Technical Working Group members have been removed from this website.