Wood-based Panels Production
This BREF addresses installations for the production of wood-based panels. Wood-based panels includes particleboard, oriented strand board and fibreboards, where the latter includes products produced in a wet or dry process.The following relevant activities are described, although it is acknowledged that not all if the activities will take place on every site.
- Storage of wood raw materials and preparation of wood particles;
- Drying of wood particles and fibres, including refining of fibres;
- Mat forming and pressing;
- Cooling and finish. Directly associated activities covered;
- The manufacture of impregnated paper with resins;
- Combustion plant producing hot gases for directly heated drying.
Due to the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, personal contact details of Technical Working Group members have been removed from this website.