The European IPPC Bureau has a continual need for excellent staff from EU Member States as well as candidate countries.
The European IPPC Bureau offers its staff:
• an international working atmosphere
• involvement in European policy, mainly related to environmental and industrial policies
• active participation in the development of European-wide environmental norms for large (agro-)industrial installations.
Positions at the European Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Bureau
Typical Job Profiles
Scientific staff to lead the work on a BREF
• an understanding of environmental policy in the EU
• a good understanding of process engineering, environmental issues and regulations
• a thorough knowledge of the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED, ex IPPC Directive) and the concepts therein
• particular knowledge and understanding of a target industrial sector according to the work programme
• a strong team player with an open mind and positive attitude
• able to lead expert discussions and meetings
• able to communicate and negotiate with high level representatives
• self-motivated and able to manage a project to deadlines
• able to work and write technical documents in the English language
• available to work in Sevilla, Spain for a period of 2 to 6 years
• computer skills (preferably use environment of MS Word and Excel as well as data visualisation softwares such as Qlik Sense)
Administrative + IT support staff
• good command of several EU languages in particular English
• knowledge of the EC administrative procedures
• good computer skills especially to format large documents and work with databases, including use of data visualisation software such as Qlik Sense
• capable of working in a multicultural environment
How to apply
Vacancies are published at: https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/?site=SVQ Under Fair and Sustainable Economy – Sustainable industry.
More information at: https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/working-with-us.
None at the moment.