This BREF focuses on the processes involved in the production of chlorine and caustic solutions by the electrolysis of brine and covers:
• the unloading and storage of salt
• the purification and resaturation of brine
• the different electrolytic processes
• the position of process engineering of caustic solution concentration, purification, storage and loading
• the position of process engineering of chlorine cooling, drying, purification and liquefaction before storage and loading
• the process engineering of hydrogen cooling, purification and compression before storage and loading.