This BREF addresses installations for the production of wood-based panels. Wood-based panels includes particleboard, oriented strand board and fibreboards, where the latter includes products produced in a wet or dry process.The following relevant activities are described, although it is acknowledged that not all if the activities will take place on every site.
- Storage of wood raw materials and preparation of wood particles;
- Drying of wood particles and fibres, including refining of fibres;
- Mat forming and pressing;
- Cooling and finish. Directly associated activities covered;
- The manufacture of impregnated paper with resins;
- Combustion plant producing hot gases for directly heated drying.